A child-approved way to ‘stack’ your day. The Punch Buggy Express helps groups with young children tour multiple destinations along the waterfront with ease. Plan a one-way shuttle, a round-trip adventure, celebrate a birthday or go on a cruise with your grandkids!
What to Expect
- Round trip Regular Tours (50 mins) and Mini Tours (25 mins) depart from Kinsmen Park (a.m.) and River Landing (p.m.) on select days. Please view our booking calendar for availability.
- One-Way Shuttles (25 mins) Depart from River Landing and Riversdale Pool (p.m.)
- We cannot pick-up at Meewasin Rink/Memorial Fountain during 2023 due to the construction in Kiwanis Park.
- Creative bookings follow the same general routes and departure times as above, however the theme, stops, and drop-off location can be customized to compliment your event.
How it works
- Punch Buggy Express travels at slow and predictable speeds away from motorized traffic.
- The Cycle Guide will make interpretive learning and/or play stops along the way as time allows.
- Note: arriving on time helps ensure we will have time to make stops for these learning opportunities along the way.
- Children and youth ages 3 – 14 are welcome to ride using the children’s seats. 14 – 18 year olds are welcome, but must use one of the two adult seats to ride.
- Each of our bus stop locations feature scenic river views, public bathroom access, and numerous activities and amenities nearby.
Meet at the bus stop flag five minutes before departure. Get giddy with excitement as the Punch Buggy Express rolls up to welcome you aboard!
Book Online with Walk-ons available at events
Online booking is available to groups of three or more. Securing your tickets in advance ensures seats on the pedal bus have your names on them.
We welcome walk-on bookings at events we are taking part in (e.g. Jazz Festival). Walk-on ticket purchase includes signing our digital waiver form and completing ticket payment through our portable device.
Our friendly Cycle Guide will outline the safety procedures and adjust bike seat height and helmet size as needed. Helmets are optional and riders are welcome to wear their own personal bike helmet or use one of ours. Learn more about safety.
When you arrive at your destination, our Cycle Guide will take your helmets and is happy to orient you with your surroundings.
Your group is welcome to book a return trip. We recommend booking this in advance to secure your space. This option is a great way to use active transportation to group cycle to an experience (e.g. swimming at the Riversdale Pool).
Maximize Your Experience
For fun activities near your destination bus stop, visit our interactive map. For specific questions about nearby amenities, ask our knowledgeable Cycle Guide.
We realize that plans change and children get sick. That’s why individual riders registered within an online booking can be substituted for free. Please sign an additional waiver form for each new rider added.
A small 10% cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations and rescheduled rides made up to one day in advance of your trip. No refund will be provided for changes made within 24hrs of your booking. Please note, your tickets are not transferable to other time-slots if your group is running late.
We reserve the right to make last minute cancellations due to safety concerns. You will receive a text or email notification of this change as well as a full refund.
Book your experience
Managing the logistics of a full-day outing with a group of kids can be tricky. Leave your car parked and use active transportation to move your group with ease. No car seats here!